Control and Automation
Technology, automatic control and automation have an increasingly important role in the global economy. The automatic mechanisms have centuries of history and have been replaced by robots, computers, PLCs, sensors, actuators, etc.
Many human and industrial past activities have migrated from manual to automatic control. Step by step, slowness, manual action, the coarse adjustment gave space to the speed, precision, high-level tasks, more complexity, strategic planning and information systems.
Poch in 20 years has designed, developed and implemented a great number of control systems, from railway signaling to industrial control automated systems, being always at the forefront of technology.
The state of the art of Poch’s control systems has always responded to the pursuit of perfection, efficiency and productivity by allowing even higher returns than the design. This has had important impacts for our customers in the operation, ease of operation, reduced downtime, reduced costs, high availability, protection of equipment and manpower safety.
Control and automation are highly related with the process. The experience in these areas and the integration of services give Poch a great capacity to deal with, almost without exception, all kind of control projects, in diverse areas and industries, from small projects to complete automated industry plant.
Some of the processes or control and automation projects more often developed by Poch are:
• Transportation systems and weighing bulk materials.
• Cooling systems, refrigeration, and air conditioning.
• Dosing and food processing, extruded or pelletized.
• Batch and continuous processes.
• Power generation plants, load regulation, EDAC, EDAG.
• Traffic and transportation systems (barcode, RFID).
• Energy management, control of demand, Load Shedding.
• Production management systems, databases, Web.
• Treatment plants, effluents, sludge, water.
• Hydroelectric power station (monitoring and remote control).
• Chemical processes (non metal mining).
• Biogas production (extraction, boilers, generators).
• Electrical protection, electrical substations (monitoring and remote control).
• Lighting and energy saving.
• Stock control, traceability, MES systems.
• Design, development and implementation of automatic control systems and process supervision.
• Development of production management systems.
• Integration of production systems to information and management corporate platforms.
• Development of software applications.
• Training of plant personnel.
• Remote support services.